How might we improve the navigation of NAIL's website?
- How can color, typography, and layout help user navigate the website?
- How can the user find the information he or she needs as effectively as possible?
- What are necessary on the website and what are not?
- Project Length - 2 Weeks
- 1 Week (Research + Information Architecture)
- 1 Week (Prototype + Usability Testing)
- Identify areas to improve in design
- How color, typography, and layout affect usability
- Conduct usability testings
'Consistency and standards', 'aesthetic and minimalist design' are two major aspects of the interface that can be improved through redesign. Consistency and standards in the navigation bar, and reducing the overwhelming interactions in unnecessary section of the webpages and placing interactions that are necessary would lead to better user experiences.
Six Heuristic Evaluation
Revised Information Architecture
Wireframing and Annotations
Main Screen Annotations
Responsive Web Annotations
Wizard of Oz
- Visual design is a key component of User Experience Design.
- Creating a information architecture will affect every step of the process in a project. It is like a map showing you what you have done and what you should try next.
- I hope NAIL Communications would change their website design in the future!